Just another day in paradise...

"Erections, Ejaculation, Exhibitions, and General Tales of Ordinary Madness" -Charles Bukowski

Friday, August 26, 2005

Good Friday

I'm trying to tone it down a bit today... be a good girl... although I'm sure once this afternoon hits Frisky Friday will again be upon us.

After The Man I was uber bummed, I tried to hide it from most of my friends… and expressed it primarily in my blog. (Sorry you had to see it…). I lost my
Woo-Hoo, I forgot to smile.

This last week I found it again.

That’s an amazingly nice feeling.


Pre Woo-Hooing… I stop every morning to get coffee from the Angry French Man. I adore him. Picture the soup Nazi, but for coffee. You get coffee one size and one way… his way. If you even think about trying to order any half caf/ non fat/ venti…. any thing other than the contents of the styrofoam cup placed before you, you will be looked at like the idiot he knows you are and either be ignored or told to leave his store.

If you are on the phone he will not speak with you. If you try to hand him a credit or ATM card he will send you away. Cash only. $2 preferably in singles placed on his counter (he doesn’t like to be bothered with getting change for you)… and move along… don’t even think about tipping. It’s an insult.

The Angry French Man also makes the most amazing fresh pastries every morning. I generally allow myself an almond croissant on Saturday mornings (I would turn into an almond croissant given the chance….mmmmm….). They practically melt in your mouth as the flaky dough scatters down the front of you. I love it.

I adore his attitude and the fact that he borders on being a dirty old man, but as he’s French it seems like its okay. The fact that I can use a miniscule amount of my French to order, thank him, and wish him a good day also makes me smile.

I leave his humble shop and head down the road, sipping my très caffeinated coffee, go down the hill and WOO-HOO my heart out.

Happy Friday…

1 Comments:

  • At 8/26/2005 10:59:00 AM, Blogger EB72 said…

    I WooHoo too!

    I was on assignment in the desert for a few months. One of the roads on the way there had a series of dips ... I'd speed as fast as the work truck would allow (governor cut me off at 90) and hit those hills and dips. Each time I'd lose my stomach - WooHoo!
    I love that feeling ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home