Just another day in paradise...

"Erections, Ejaculation, Exhibitions, and General Tales of Ordinary Madness" -Charles Bukowski

Friday, June 16, 2006

Beach-ing

With a day off yesterday I headed to the Oregon Coast with my niece and nephews. It was an awesome day. At Cannon Beach* they had fun flying kites and playing in the water. (Why is it regardless of the temperature children will frolic in the ocean, when every adult near by has multiple layers on?) The day began a little rainy and cold, in the afternoon was nice enough for me to get a bit burnt, and then ended again rainy and cold.



We headed in the late afternoon to the Tillamook Cheese Factory in Tillamook, Oregon. On the way there my 8 year old nephew drew a picture of me. A stick figure with crazy hair and a squiggly body, seemingly “broken” at the knees was supposed to be me. When I asked him about it he said that I had crazy hair from being at the beach all day… the squiggly body was because I was so skinny and I had broken off at the knees. This is why I love them so… childhood blindness and humor…



A day with my family is a wonderful reason to be home.




* Haystack Rock is what Cannon Beach is known for. When I was a child and Goonies came out, I was so excited to know that it was filmed here in Oregon. It was before I understood about movie sets and all, and I begged my mother to take us through the same path the Goonies went on in the movie.

7 Comments:

  • At 6/16/2006 04:07:00 PM, Blogger Sizzle said…

    i effen love the goonies. it's the best!!

    sounds like a great day. :)

     
  • At 6/17/2006 03:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cannon Beach??

     
  • At 6/17/2006 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Bone said…

    The kids are sooo cute. That last picture is truly worth a thousand words. I love how they're holding hands and the boy on the right has his jacket almost all the way off. Precious.

     
  • At 6/18/2006 08:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    scenery is truly beautiful (has been in your last few posts)- so very jealous... killer- JRL

     
  • At 6/19/2006 03:28:00 PM, Blogger David Amulet said…

    Amazing pix! I wish I could see this in person. Looks gorgeous.

    (FYI, I came this way courtesy of Armaedes/Dirk's site.)

    -- david

     
  • At 6/20/2006 01:27:00 AM, Blogger Lizzie said…

    As soon as I saw that first picture I thought of the Goonies! Before I even read the footnote. You mean there isn't really a piano with keys of bone there? How disappointing.

    Great pics!

     
  • At 6/21/2006 10:00:00 AM, Blogger hannahhas said…

    Sizz- Only one of the best movies of all time...

    It was great.


    Anon- Yes that’s what I said.
    ;-)


    B to the one- Thanks.


    Brack- I am glad to be home. Very glad.


    David- Thanks for stopping by. I have found with beautiful scenery it difficult to take poor pictures.


    Lizzie- I still think there must be a cavern with a hidden ship within the rock. I am sure of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home