Just another day in paradise...

"Erections, Ejaculation, Exhibitions, and General Tales of Ordinary Madness" -Charles Bukowski

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Goldmember...

I have been working like crazy lately, which is good because I need the money after not working for so long. It is completely different being in a strict restaurant environment (you aren’t even allowed to drink any soda without paying for it… I mean really, it’s a friggin Diet Coke, and I cold go to the store and purchase a two liter for the price they charge… but at least I am drinking more water) rather than the (laid back, chat on line all day, email in when sick, wear whatever you want, pays you at least twice what you’re making now) office I just left.

The hours take some getting used to as well, although it is probably for the best that on weekend nights I get out late, as I (less the night of my moms wedding) haven’t been out since I returned to Portland, and feel that is for the best as I need to not be in any partying frame of mind with school two weeks away.

Friday night JP called me while I was at work, asking me to stay the night (obviously her boyfriend was out of town). It was fun as I hadn’t seen her in three weeks (I really have been anti-social lately). We went shopping on Saturday and at Sephora I bought some face powder and such. I headed straight to work from her house Saturday afternoonWhen I returned home around 1am I looked in the bathroom mirror and almost screamed.

My face was orange! I looked as though I had a horrible case of jaundice. I took a shower, scrubbing my face trying to get all of the powder off. I couldn’t believe I had been at work all night with an orange face, and nobody told me. Thankfully the restaurant itself is a little darker, but all the employees in the well-lit kitchen saw and probably wondered why the new girl has Hepatitis B.

Mortified I went to bed. I arose Sunday and decided to hike to the top of Multnomah Falls. I needed to do something fun before heading into work. It only took me about twenty minutes to get to the top. It was a glorious day to do so. (The picture is looking down from over the top of the Falls, the bridge looks so small from the top.)


I returned home a got ready for work… upon looking into mirror, prior to putting any make-up on, I realized my face was still orange. Having the overactive imagination I do, I immediately thought there had to be something wrong with my liver… perhaps I was very ill and I didn’t even know it. Then I noticed it was only my face that was orange. I was baffled.

I called JP and told her what my problem was. She laughed. She informed me the face moisturizer I had used the previous day at her house was a self-tanning lotion. This dark lotion works well for her olive complexion, but on my pale (thank you Oregon) face it turned orange. Ahh, the joy.

I must be off… work is calling… and I need extra time to scour my face to try and get the last remnants exfoliated off before my shift today… and I need to make time to start going to a booth, I should be tan this time of year… not orange-faced.

4 Comments:

  • At 6/13/2006 11:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no, that's horrible!!

    Oh, and i agree with you on that whole tanning thing. I have to go to Cali (if you were still living in Laguna we could be getting together next week because that's where I'll be) and I'm as pale as a newborn baby everywhere except my arms and face...

     
  • At 6/13/2006 03:08:00 PM, Blogger Sizzle said…

    thank goodness my freckles are as close to tan as i will ever be. orange face! the horror! ;)

    that pic from up top makes my vertigo kick in. woooozy.

     
  • At 6/14/2006 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Nihilistic said…

    Only 20 min? What are you? Part Monkey?

     
  • At 6/14/2006 08:36:00 AM, Blogger Carmen said…

    Ha! Well, at least you know now that you're not sick! And that's a great photo of the falls.

    (And no, they were holding up the cell phones and waving them back and forth for the whole song. Sigh.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home