Just another day in paradise...

"Erections, Ejaculation, Exhibitions, and General Tales of Ordinary Madness" -Charles Bukowski

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Girlfriend?

I need to start blogging more than once a week as I have too much to say when I get around to it, and I worry it ends up being a cluster-fuck of info. Yet here I go…

  • Da Bod called me yesterday. It seems as though he and Lalo are hitting it off superbly. I was told to expect a “set the date” wedding invite in the mail within a few months time.

    I am fine (ish) with this… I know I definitely don’t want him, and if he makes her happy, then grand. It’s still really fucking weird to me though.


  • I have talked with EB a few times in the last week, which has been wonderful to me. I was however asked by one friend “Do you love him enough to let him go?” and reminded by a male friend of mine, that when I call or email him to tell him that he is on my mind and that I love him, I am actually hurting him more than helping him as I don’t want to get back together.

    This is tough. I do love him. I do think of him all of the time. Do I love him enough to let him go? I don’t know. I am too selfish. I can’t imagine my life without him. Time will have to tell. I just don’t want to be without him.


  • I was out with The Boy last night. He introduced me to a friend of his that we ran into as his “girlfriend, OCG”. I nearly shat myself. Twenty-two-year-old-boy summer fling? Shore. Boyfriend/ Girlfriend relationship? Slow the fuck down. I need to figure out how to handle this delicately.

    I was teasing The Boy the other night after we had been drinking “You loooove me.” He just smiled and changed the subject. Last night just after we… you know… I mentioned “I love… [insert some sexual reference here]” He responded “I love you too… I mean that too.” Have I already gotten in over my head on this one?


  • Just about a year ago I was dating The Man, the vice-president of an international corporation. I lived in a penthouse in Laguna Beach and looked out on to the ocean all day long. Now I am dating (I guess that’s what I should call it?) a twenty-two year old bartender, with no aspirations in life of being more than that. I live at my mom’s house and go to school.

    What the fuck is wrong with this picture?

    For real, yo.
  • 5 Comments:

    • At 8/10/2006 08:31:00 AM, Blogger Sizzle said…

      sometimes our "plan" gets sidetracked. it isn't a bad thing. but the girlfriend thing? yeah, nip that! from our chats it seems that isn't where you are going with it.

      and just think that being back in school is getting you even closer to the life you dream of. hang in there and don't beat yourself up!

       
    • At 8/10/2006 06:33:00 PM, Blogger Kerry said…

      Dang girl!? That fer reals? Are you cereal about that? ( I loved that in South Park when they were making fun of whats his face... you know, that vice president... GORE! that was his name. You for cereal?!? hahah)

      anyways.. one year ago you were kickin it and now you have to work? sup with that? I like the other plan better! ;)

       
    • At 8/13/2006 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said…

      You have to treat it like Alcoholics Anonymous, you know, like "it's been 21 days since I last called my ex."

       
    • At 8/14/2006 09:25:00 AM, Blogger Heather B. said…

      DKN's response made me laugh, but it was dead on.

       
    • At 8/14/2006 11:05:00 AM, Blogger hannahhas said…

      Sizz- Thanks... I just need to keep my eye on the prize.


      Kerry- I had to work last year... I just had a much different lifestyle... much different...


      Dr.K- You're right. I need to do that. So... "Hello. My name is OCG and its been 4 days since I talked to my ex" (Except for a drunk email I may have sent the other night... but won't count that.)


      Heather- Exactly my thoughts.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home