Just another day in paradise...

"Erections, Ejaculation, Exhibitions, and General Tales of Ordinary Madness" -Charles Bukowski

Monday, June 26, 2006

La Vita è bella

After looking at the last few entries I depressed myself… please do not get me wrong, I love my life. I have been having a really great time lately.

Last Tuesday I took my niece and nephews on the same route I had taken just a few weeks before to Hood River. They loved it. My youngest nephew (age 3) was so excited that he had the opportunity to go on his first hike ever. I was delighted to be able to share those moments with him.




Last Thursday I took my niece and nephews to the zoo. I had a blast.





Life is good… school begins tomorrow and as hesitant as I may be to return I am excited about finally shutting this last chapter on this portion of my life and have the opportunity to move onto the next.

Weather here has been hot and gorgeous, and I can not wait to spend countless hours basking in the cool river of my cabin (the front porch shown below with my dog Parker).



Life is grand. Truly.

7 Comments:

  • At 6/26/2006 01:36:00 AM, Blogger Lizzie said…

    I'm glad to hear things are going so well. Great pics and good luck with school!

    (aww, Parker is so cute!)

     
  • At 6/26/2006 06:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW- that cabin/ Parker shot is freaking GREAT!! Just to come out the front door (even just a few times) to THAT- amazing (please remember im in FL- similar but you'd have snakes and gators on your front porch in that situation- and the bugs would carry you away)- do you rent the cabin out? :)- sweet- JRL

     
  • At 6/26/2006 07:00:00 AM, Blogger Sizzle said…

    i've heard about the cabin before but never realized how freaking gorgeous it is there! life can be good AND you can have bouts of lonesomeness. that's how it goes sometimes. it's different than the OC for sure. shifting through that adjustment is a lot on a girl.

    i am glad to hear you are getting quality time with your niece and nephews. :)

     
  • At 6/26/2006 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said…

    I agree with ms. sizzle. It looks lovely out there. Makes me want to sing some John Denver, whether you want me to or not: "Country roads, take me home to the place I belong . . ."

     
  • At 6/26/2006 04:05:00 PM, Blogger Bone said…

    I think it's awesome you're spending time with your niece and nephews, OCG.

    Some of my favorite memories of childhood are when I'd get to hang out with my younger aunts and uncles.

     
  • At 6/26/2006 07:13:00 PM, Blogger Nihilistic said…

    WOW - I want to going hiking with you!

     
  • At 6/29/2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger hannahhas said…

    Lizzie- Thank for the "good luck" wishes, I think I may need them.

    I tell him all the time (in my talking-to-the-dog-voice) that he's the "cutest boy in the whole wide world"...


    brkbugattack- no gators here... but the salmon spawning in September are awesome.


    Sizz- You shant be too far away to visit the cabin soon...

    And yes, I am still adjusting.


    Dr.K- I had no idea you had such a lovely singing voice!
    ;-)


    Bone- I LOVE hanging out with them.


    Nih- Consider yourself (and Michael) officially invitied!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home